I suggest you ...

could increase UI customization

It's more superficial, but it would be nice to be able to adjust background alpha, customize the background color/image, maybe even include an image import or icon-pack "parse" to theme the icons.

583 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave SDave S shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Is anything under development with this request?

When icon packs are used some of the icons aren't always masked. Most of the icon packs have an option to mask the unmasked icons manually. This feature isn't possible inside swipepad. Would be great with a fix for this.

• Chris LeeChris Lee commented  · 

I agree with this, it's a victim of it's own success, because I use it so much so I want to customise the UI more.

• Christopher RossChristopher Ross commented  · 

The addition of custom backgrounds would be awesome. I have used this app for years and I highly recommend it to anyone. Continue to make it awesome.

• Cecil MarvinCecil Marvin commented  · 

Bottom line, change all the UI. Make a new UI with a lot of new animations

• BeanBean commented  · 

Make the size of the portal- its margins & the wasted space between the icons thinner. Or at least have the option to do so. Icons & cursor should have the ability to change sizes. THX!

• GustavoGustavo commented  · 

It would be nice if you could set some transparency to the background, instead of the black screen

• MaximMaxim commented  · 

And please make icons'size customizable

• MaximMaxim commented  · 

Get rid of those circles behind apps' icons - it looks really ugly

• JohnJohn commented  · 

I would like to be able change the length of time before a portal is edited. I find 2 seconds too quick for me as it often goes into edit mode when I want to run the portal.

Great app.I have bought the add ons.

• SiberiusXSiberiusX commented  · 

Since the background is plain black it can give some visual strain/shock when used a lot, as most apps are white. I suggest allowing some transparency in such a way to make the app look more like an overlay. Moreover it would be nice to add the choice of background colours.

Thank you for the beautiful app.

• JafarJafar commented  · 

I have an icon pack theme applied on my launcher and almost all my apps icons are different from stock, but swipepad unfortunately only displays the stock icons, which makes the experience a bit awkward, so would love to have it displaying my custom icons.

• MarcosMarcos commented  · 

That's exactly how I feel. I have been using swipepad for 2 years and even though I love it, I kinda got sick of the same layout...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like an option to change icon titles. For instance, I have a few different email apps on my Nexus7. The Gmail one is named correctly, but the one linked to my Hotmail says Outlook by default, and I'm using the native email app to get my work email and I'd like to rename that to indicate which email it will bring up. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

• Björn LindahlBjörn Lindahl commented  · 

I second the ability to choose to have the app name below the icon. It's very confusing when they're below the icon in the rest of the system but not on the SwipePad.

• Brian KaiBrian Kai commented  · 

Yes! Custom icons, icon sizes, and background alpha! :-)

• AbhayAbhay commented  · 

To have icon packs of Go launcher themes would be great for customization!

• AbhayAbhay commented  · 

One idea I would like to put forward, is that normally a pad is just an overlay. What if, there is an option to have a window which stays on the screen or in the form of a pop-up which is scrollable?

• MartinMartin commented  · 

I agree with most of the comments here, I'd love to be able to use an icon pack that's already been applied to the system. Like a nova/apex icon pack. And a choice to change titles to under/over/invisible. And perhaps another background as well. Cheers!

• Anonymous commented  · 

If I could just place the titles under the icons, that would be awesome.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thank you foryour app,its really really nice. I have a few suggestions.
        1. Allow portals to center themselves on the screen. E.g. I have the 6x4 on allhotspots, but on one of my hotspots I only used 4 rows and I hid the last 2 rows. Can you have the remaining 4 rows/columns center themselves on the screen.
        2. Within one hotspot have the ability to move around portals to different position. Imagine I have 6x4 and my last rows is empty, what if I wanted to add 4 apps in thefirst row... I would haveto move each app placement down a row. That's go in,swipe, hover, wait yellow edit, app, scroll,select. Do that 18 times. Trust me it not fun...
        3. Make the "hotspots" even wider. I have an add onhome launcher, so my screen is completely free empty no notification bar, no dock, no apps, no nothing. So having a thicker hotspot wouldnt affect my screen, yet make it easier to access.
        4. Also b/c of statement in 3, lack of... having an "all across top screen hotspot" wouldn't interfere with my notification bar,as its not there.

Your app is great how it is,these are just suggestions. And I believe can be more relevant than icon packs.
        5. Allow user to choose launch app sound.

anyway, thanks forthe app. Its great.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base