I suggest you ...

Rearranging portals

Please add a feature to Settings that allows rearranging the layout of portals by sliding and dropping. The current requirement to clear and then reassign each portal is cumbersome.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff Jansen Jeff Jansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jiří SedláčekJiří Sedláček commented  · 

I am afraid that dev doesn't read new posts in completed suggestions :(

• Jiří SedláčekJiří Sedláček commented  · 

It'll be great if switching round two objects on pad and deleting objects will be realized as in Android 4.3 launcher:
        - As you place objects on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room, but in the end two object just replaces its position, no other one.
        - You can now quickly remove objects from any home screen by picking them up and flinging them to the edge of the screen.

• Jeff Jansen Jeff Jansen commented  · 

Excellent! Thanks for implementing this. It works great. matsuru mok, I'm not sure I understand your complaint. Of course your other icons/apps will get rearranged when you move one--that's the point. Before you "drop" the icon you're moving, the others move into their new locations, so you can preview the effect. If you don't like the new arrangement, just slide the icon back to its original position before you drop it. How else would you expect (or want) it to work?

• matsuru mokmatsuru mok commented  · 

Just tested the new icons/apps rearranging feature. It works. However, it is not as useful as it seems, the problem is when I try to move/rearange the positions, it also rearrange my other icons. Thus, making the layout even worst Coz it moved my perfectly align icons!! Can I have this feature without affecting other icons?

if I accidentally oved an icon over an occupied space, just give user awarning that the new icon will replace the existing one. Also a warning that if the user don't to want the existing icon be rereplad then user should move the existing icon else where first.

I believe this way it is more useful than the current implementation. Hope this make sense. Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base